Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's Isle Over

Long time, no blog, I know. But I have returned from a successful journey that took me from Houston to Canton to Paris to Atlanta to Charleston to Atlanta to Paris to Starkville. All within about a 10 day span. So I'm slightly tired, but I am here in Starkvegas at last, and I'm trying to get settled.

The week at the Isle of Palms was fantastic. There was so much good food that was eaten, from steaks to shrimp to lamb chops. In the beverage department there was no holding back, as you'd expect from the Horne clan. TONS of great beer and pa-lenty of wine(provided by Caro, of course) were consumed during the 7-day stay. Pretty much every day we went to the beach for the afternoon, where a Bocce game was always going, a projectile of some sort(football, disc, etc.) was flying, and photo opps were abound. The only departure from this routine was Wednesday, when Mallory and I made a journey up to Wilmington, NC. Why did we go? I suggest you go here to find out.

So without further ado, here are some pics!(some of these were taken with a disposable, so forgive the quality)

Mallory was so happy to be at the beach that she just couldn't hide it...

...neither could I.

I thought I was showing Mal how to play Bocce like a pro...

...until she displayed the fact that she was the Bocce Rookie of the Year in 2005.

Mal and I just felt like running......into the ocean.

My attempt at modeling...

...as well as Mallory's.

Finally, a cheesin' in the water.

No comments: