Monday, July 04, 2005

A new post!?! Surely you jest!

I know, I know. Where the crap have I been?

Easy answer: home. I got here Friday afternoon, and it's been great. Amber had to stay Friday night(see my earlier post), and we all met up with Trevor's fam Saturday night to go see War of the Worlds. It was totally not what I was expecting(aside from the aliens attacking Earth part), but I enjoyed the movie nevertheless. I wonder if H.G. Well's original book is any good...

I am probably going to head up to Paris on Thursday. I'm hoping I can convince some of the guys to go to Nashville on Saturday; I'll suggest we see Fantastic Four and Dark Water that afternoon, then go play some crazy laser tag in downtown. Other than that, I have very simple plans while I am in Paris: play soccer, play Ultimate, and relax by the Stutzman's pool. I am not bringing any of my video games or my tv. I will only take my clothes, my cleats, my soccer ball, my volleyball, and my Ultimate disc. That's it. Very relaxing weeks are ahead for me...

I have to get the truck fixed tomorrow, as that is our vehicle for the Tampa trip. I'll head into town and get the muffler repaired. I also need to find one of those cd-to-tape mechanisms; the truck doesn't have a cd player :(.

Sox are still 2.5 games ahead of Baltimore. The Orioles lost earlier today, which opened the door for us to take a 3.5 game lead; however, the baseball gods had other plans. We were down early in the game against the Rangers, then Manny put us ahead by 2 with a monster of a homer(440 feet!) in the 8th inning. Then Foulke proceeded to throw it all away in the 9th, like he has done so many times this year. Unfortuntately, there will not be much in the form of great closers available come the trade deadline in a few weeks. We also need some speed on the bases, a la Dave Robert's style. Hopefully, Schiller will be back and ready to go in a week or so, as he completed his 2nd Pawtucket start today, striking out 8 and giving up 5 earned runs. That will greatly strengthen our starting rotation. Our hitting is great, so we need not fix what isn't broken. I do have a feeling that some of the Sox I have grown fond of will not be with the team much longer...

I got my hair cut Saturday. I opted to let my mom do it this time because I think paying $10 for someone to run a trimmer over my head is nonsense. Okay, she did cause me some slight pain, but it's all good now. I have my super extra short summer haircut, so I am happy.

It really is great to run and workout outside here at the Gray Center. Plenty of hills and pastures to provide scenery as I run.

well, i think that brings everything up to date. I guess I will go and attempt to advance further in the adventure that is otherwise known as Banjo-Tooie.

Adios.

No comments: