Friday, January 27, 2006

Feel the Rhythm, Feel the Rhyme

Well, it's Friday. I am done with all my work that needed to be done, and my first full week of schools is over.

I am finally in the rhythm of things. Tuesdays and Thursdays are full of classes, and Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays are pretty easy going. I like that setup. It gives me 3 days during the week(MWF) to really get work done, while T-Th days keep me occupied, but I have a 1 hour 45 minute in between classes, so work is also able to get done in that timespan. Wednesdays I will have a physics lab, but I don't think that will greatly complicate or mess up things. I have hockey on Tuesdays and Sundays, so the fact that I dont have class until 11 am in the mornings of the days after hockey helps. Another bonus is that I have just one class on Fridays, and it is one that I can easily miss a day or two of during the school year. The class is/will be very easy, so missing a class lecture(they are all available online from her) doesn't really hurt much. Obviously, I am not going to skip every Friday class; this is just convenient should I ever want to go to, say, Chattanooga, for a weekend, and I want an extra day up there. It's very nice.

Things are different here at State then when I was last here in fall of 2004. There are new buildings on campus, buildings have been torn down, there are new parking areas and decals, there are new students, and there are new teachers in my department. Most upsetting of all is probably the fact that John isn't here anymore. Besides being my savior in times of sever virus attacks on my computer, or whenever my jeep needed a little help, it was just a comforting feeling having my next oldest bro right down the road, so to speak. It's kind of like that extra added layer of protection. You know, "nothing can happen while John is here." Of course, I guess this is kind of like when I went to college; no longer did I have the safety of my parents at my house to go to. And it wasn't like I didn't know this was coming or that it was sudden. Nevertheless, it's a new feeling that I must get used to.

Hockey went great on Tuesday. I'm definitely rusty, but I was thrown right into a game after I got suited up, so that helped ease into things. My legs need to be faster, and my lateral movements need to be quicker as well. Those things will definitely improve once I get my workout routine back in action. I'm going to be playing intramural soccer soon with the guys, as well as beach volleyball, so getting in shape is definitely a must. I think Trevor is going to join my routine with me, so we can do things in tandem to make it less mundane. I'm looking forward to getting more active; hockey last Tuesday really jump-started me.

Tomorrow is a big day in the G-5 household. We are going to pick up my baby at the Circuit City in Tupelo. Then we are going to bring her back here and get it all set up, which will probably end up consuming our entire Saturday. No matter, though. It's really going to enhance the video game, as well as movie experience in our household. If you are in the Starkville area, you are invited to come by tomorrow night and see(of hear, rather) for yourself. Trevor and I, as well as the guys, are excited about it. I've been eyeing this sound system for months now, and after doing the research, we think we have a winner. I'm about to order some speaker stands from Crutchfield, which should get here on Tuesday. They are sharp, and will definitely add to aesthetic of the room.

You may think I am sucking up, but I have befriended the son of the Aerospace Engineering Department Head. Yeh I know, you are probably saying to yourself that I am low for doing that. We did meet by chance though, so it really isn't my fault. His name is Anthony Vizzini(just like his father's name), and he is(you guessed it) in aerospace engineering as a freshman. Anyway, we met at my Welcome Back party the weekend Mal was down here, and I discovered that he is in my Physics III class. He needed some slight instruction on our last homework set, so I invited him over last night to help him. Turns out we have similar interests: we both love to throw darts, he loves the Red Sox(his dad went to MIT and lived in Boston for many years), and he has our type of sense of humor. He also likes hockey, but for the WAY wrong team: the Red Wings. Half of his family is from Detroit, so that's his connection. He doesn't seem to be as into hockey as I am, so I'm not TOO bothered by it. With that being said, I did put on my Avs jersey as soon as he divulged to us that he was a Red Wings fan. Oh well. No one is perfect, haha.

Well, I guess that about sums things up for the past few days. Theo is back with the Sox as GM, which I predicted would happen a few months back. Aebischer got into a fight with Philippe Suave(old Avalance teammate, now with Calgary) the other night in Colorado's trouncing of the Flames. Nothing cooler to watch than the two goalies of an NHL game throwing fists. Not as good as Roy/Osgood match, but still fun to watch.

I have no idea what the plan is for tonight. Splendid Chaos is playing at Rick's, but I really do not like going there. Maybe Dave's will be the alternative. ANYWHERE but Rick's, haha....

-H

3 comments:

Mallory said...

I thought it was "One for the Money, Two for the Show"

Anonymous said...

yo bro.

GO WINGS again... I like your buddy already.... also... it was Roy vs Vernon, 1995, The Joe... and if I remember correctly... hmmm... Roy... 5 stitches... Vernon... 0!

How da like dem apples?

Miss ya... B-Day plans are a churning!

Henry said...

Vernon,Osgood,Legace,Hasek...they all sound the same to me.

I miss you guys too. How was C's birthday? I assume you treated her exceptionally? I also know of someone else birthday coming up in a few short weeks, haha.

Yeh, I'm PSYCHED about my bday in DC. Trevor wants to come too. Would that be cool? If not, then it's no biggie. He'll be 21 by then as well, so he can partake in the fun with us.

GO AVS.