Wednesday, June 07, 2006

"It is going to be HISTORIC..."

...so go the words of my brother-in-law(or just my "bro," as I call him. He's part of the fam now; no need for that "in-law" stuff) in regards to this coming weekend. In an email sent to Trevor and me just the other day, Richard spoke on behalf of the Sewells and answered a couple of questions I had about wardrobe for this weekend. He also mentioned the phrase that is the title of this particular blog post. Put simply, I cannot wait for this weekend. I really can't. Trevor and I sincerely believe that Carolyn and Richard are more excited about this weekend than we are...and we are REALLY excited(up there with Cedar Point excitment levels). And trust me...that ain't a bad thing.

Adding to this excitment, my other brother Will came through today; I received my first birthday present of the year from him. The man who lives in the Heart of Red Sox Nation can feel its pulse, as well as mine. He got me a blue(with red lettering) Red Sox tee with quite possibly my new favorite player's(next to Varitek, of course) name on the back: Jonathan "beat 'em with high heat" Papelbon. Yup, that's right. "Papelbon" and his number 58 are on the back of the shirt. I absolutley LOVE it. Despite the Sox/Yankees game being cancelled today, I wore the shirt to BJ's tonight as Eric, Trevor, and I had a farewell dinner for Eric. He is heading to KSC tomorrow to do some testing on the P3/P4 truss MDM going up on the next assembly flight(in August). Now I have TWO bitchin Red Sox tees and a jersey. That means I am good-to-go for the Red Sox series in Atlanta.

Obviously, we have internet now in the apartment. We also have furniture, which was GREATLY appreciated after a week and a half sleeping on the floor. It's good to live civilized now, haha.

Tomorrow we(save Eric) are going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Sox game. Schiller needs to deliver for us so we can stay in the chase. GO SOX.

-Henry

No comments: