Thursday, November 30, 2006

LCDead

As if the internal clock of my computer told it that the warranty was no longer in effect(ended two months ago), my laptop's LCD screen is on the verge of dying any day now.

The first symptoms appeared over Thanksgiving break when I booted up my comp to load some pictures. I was greeted by my desktop in very retro(and psychedelic) colors. Upon further investigation of online documentation, I realized that my screen was dying, as some of the liquid crystals weren't allowing some light to pass through, thus giving off a very tinted look.

I woke up this morning to prepare a little more for my Aerothermodynamics test, and as you might expect, I opened my computer and the screen had gotten worse. It's even difficult to stare at the screen for extended periods of time now. I've adjusted the colors to where everything is pretty much blue; I had to choose this setting because it's the only one that would allow me to see text. This WOULD happen right before a test that required the use of my computer. Thankfully, it battled through, and I made it through the test just fine.

So now the quest is on to look for a new laptop. Just like they've always done, my brothers have my back. They're doing their best to find me the best deal out there. I'm also looking myself, hoping to spot a steal. I'll probably have to do monthly installments until next summer, at which point I'll just pay the rest of the balance because I will be working.

Yup, working. Except I hope to not be co-oping next summer; rather, I hope to be interning. And it will NOT be at NASA. Where I am aiming to land in summer of 2007? ................Ah, you'll just have to tune in next time to find out :)

2 comments:

Mallory said...

I find humor in your years of forcing people to scrub in before using your computer only to have the monitor be the thing to breakdown.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mallory 100 percent... will the next laptop come with a disposable glove dispenser?