Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Slight Facelift

Welcome back everyone...err...welcome back myself.

Yeh, I've been gone way too long. Longer than any time before. So if you all but gave up on my blog, I don't blame you. Who should you blame? Mississippi State University. Yup, that's right. They've been working my ass to death the past 2 months, but finally, FINALLY, I have procured some time off from school.

It's the Thanksgiving holidays, so that means I'm at home. As of now, I am the active siblings leader in my family in the category of consecutive Thanksgivings attended(about to be #22), so very few things were going to tear me away from returning to the Ranch for a few days in late November.

You would think I'd have all kinds of free time over break, but that is sadly far frome the truth. Next week I have a Vibrations exam, a Aerothermodynamics exam, a Vibrations project due, an Orbital Mechanics project due, and some Aerothermo homework due. Then the week after that I have FINALS. Add that to the fact that I'll be working right around 8 hours a day here starting tomorrow, and you realize that I'll be working during the day and studying during the night. I'm not really complaining, though. I'm making money while getting a fresh venue in which to enrich my brain with subjects that really do interest me.

It will not be all work, of course. You know me better than that. Dad's good friend from St. Andrews(Class of '64, right Dad?), Tim Mucklow, just arrived this evening, and my brother John will be flying in tomorrow night. Four Hornes and a friend of Horne is usually a recipe for some fun times.

Well that's about it. Just thought I'd let everyone know I'm still alive. Oh yeh, how do you like the new style of my blog? Yay, nay, indifferent? I'd really like to know what ya think. So shoot me a comment if you want.

I really do have so much to talk about, so hopefully I'll be able to post about it this week and the next and the next and so on. Topics to be covered include, but are not limited to:

-a recent list I have growing that lists the reasons I love baseball
-the Red Sox offseason dramas(Matsuzaka, Manny, bullpen help, right field, etc.)
-recent developments regarding my Summer 2007 work plans
-Nintendo's sexy new console, the Wii
-Michael Richards' idiocy
-New Year's plans
-my newest infatuation: bartending and drink making
-movie reviews and previews of films coming soon that have caught my eye

that's about it. Tune in later this week. I might even throw in a pic from the Ranch(which, by the way, looks absolutely beautiful this time of year).

1 comment:

Christina said...

It's about time you're back! Thanks for your well-wishes. You guys will have a place to crash with me for your trip to whatever major league stadium I happen to live next to at the time. :)