Friday, December 02, 2005

Good News Friday

I must have been bitten by the good news bug this morning or something. Tons of great things were revealed and/or happened today.

First off, today is my mom's birthday!! That's reason enough to be excited about today.

Second, Metro(the guy's whose house I went to a few weeks ago) sent out the email flyers for his fundraising co-ed pool tournament that will take place on the 10th. I am pumped about it. It's 20$ entry fee, with half of that going to the St. Jude's Research Hospital. The other 10 bucks go to the pot for 1st and 2nd place. I might head to Breakers on Thursday or Friday of next week to get a tune up for the match.

Colin's girlfriend is in the Dickinson Community Theater production of Beauty and the Beast, so we have set the 10th as the nigth when we are all going to see her in the play. She plays a rather important role, but I cannot think of it right now. She also plays a napkin and teacup as well. We are all going to go out to eat before the show. Don't worry, the pool tournament will be over by then, as my partner and I will have owned everyone and taken their money by that point. Colins says the dress is casual, but Eric and I want to go all out, so we may bust our suits and the Who-Wants-to-be-a-Millionaire ties. It should be a fun evening.

I found out today that I actually get a Christmas bonus!! Woo hoo! I was pretty excited when I found out.

Colin and I have been trying to get Eric interested to soccer for months now, and it seems it has finally paid off. He wants to go kick the ball around tomorrow, so of course, Colin and I accepted, haha. This will be great, as this will be the first time I have laced up my soccer cleats since this summer. I am also getting dad to send me the highlight tape of my high school soccer days; I told the guys about the tape, and they want to see it, as do I. It should be quite funny because I haven't seen the tape in years. It will be great to hear my dad's classic soccer comments.

The temperature difference between Houston and other places is ridiculous. At one point today, the temp here was 66 degrees. I checked on Canton, MS: 56 degrees. Then Chattanooga: 46 degrees. Finally, I checked Paris: 36 degrees. It's a THIRTY degree difference between here and Paris! Wow. I better bundle up when we head up there in a few weeks.

Since the holidays are now in full swing, I have been on a Trans-Siberian Orchestra kick. I really like some of their remakes of classic songs. It's cool to just go through their songs on iTunes and see how many you actually remember from your youth. I'm working on a TSO compilation cd as we speak.

Trevor went to our future apartment the other day just to check it out. We have the COOLEST apartment number, but I wont divulge that on here, because you never know what lunatics are reading, haha. Just ask me if you are curious. Also, we are a building away from Adam and Aaron's apartment; not too far to walk, but far enough where we can have some privacy. Also, the apartment has not been occupied this semester, so it will be in perfect condition when we move in. They have also repainted the place this semester, so it will also look nice. We have a balcony(we're on the 2nd floor), and we also have face the street. That means we can holla at people as they drive up, or maybe just try to solicit some Mardi Gras beads. Finally, and probably most importantly, we are RIGHT BESIDE the sand volleyball courts! Trevor and I are SO going to kick some ass come this spring. We'll also be in killer shape.

This Tuesday(Dec. 6th) will be a great day if you are a guy. If you are, then you know what I'm talking about. If you're not, then I'm sure you'll figure it out as the date approaches.

Well, I slept 4 hours after work today, so I am wired. I'm going to go find something interesting to do.

Night!

-Henry

No comments: