Thursday, February 05, 2009

I can't believe I forgot this


My last post was about great events happening next week. How on God's green Earth did I forgot the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show!?

I really don't care what you think. Watching this show with my mom is one of my oldest(and fondest) memories. I'm pretty sure this is where my complete adoration for the German Shephard breed stemmed from. Not sure why I was transfixed on the Shephard given that there were tons of great breeds there, but I did. (It also may be because there were countless reruns of Rin Tin Tin: K9 Cop on tv during my childhood).

I learned alot about dogs just from watching the show (or asking mom). My family has always been animal-friendly, but we have always had a special place for dogs. My mom grew up with Brittany dogs(all named Dan), we had a St. Bernard when I was teeny-tiny, I spent most of my childhood alongside our Yellow Lab Odie, and ever since I've been in college we've had Greta (Grace passed away a few years ago), who is mix of Lab, Chesapeake Retriever, and Rottweiler. 

It's  a treat(at least to me) to see the absolute best of every breed in the country in one place. I can't see who wouldn't enjoy that. And more to the point...who can't like dogs, period?

the sweetest dog on the planet (Greta)

1 comment:

GigaKing said...

The comments of the websites that have been posted are read ติดต่อ sbobet ไม่ได้ and felt very good. It is also a good way for others.