Saturday, March 11, 2006

Off to the Slopes

TONS of stuff has happened this week...here's a brief recap:

-My hockey team won both our games on Saturday, 18-4 and 14-6. We're rollin.

-Had a Dynamics test on Thursday. OWNED it. Had a Early U.S. History test too later that day, but classes were cancelled after 1:00pm due to the impending super storm, so I got out of that one :)

-We lost our co-ed soccer game on Wednesday. We are playing SO much better, though, and our guys' team is now STACKED. Too bad our guys' game was cancelled due to the super storm on Thursday.

-Trevor, Aaron, and I were recruited at the deadline as Free Agents onto the softball team of BJ's(Trevor's co-worker). Trevor and I are stoked. We wont start playing with them until our soccer season is over, so that will be in a few weeks. I can't wait. I'm) ready to start ballin' on the diamond again(hopefully)...

-Schilling says he is feeling the best he has ever felt in his career(awesome)

-Foulke says he will be ready by opening day. Says he is in the best shape he has been in over 4 years(awesome again)

-My Avs traded the hot as-of-late David Aebischer to the Montreal Canadiens for the 2001-2001 Hart and Vezina Trophy winner Jose Theodore. Normally, I'd be ecstatic about this trade. I mean, Aebischer was a bitchin' goaltender, but Jose Theodore is equally impressive, and he is entering the prime of his career. The part about this trade I hate is that Jose JUST injured is ankle, and he's going to be out for several weeks. That means the Avs have to mind the net with backup goaltender Peter Budaj until the playoffs. Theodore says he will be ready come playoff time, so that's good. He's an experienced goaltender, and that's what we need. But why trade your badass goaltender(Abby) for a guy that just fractured his ankle(Theodore)? My only guess could be that Pierre Lacroix(GM for the Avs) was hoping to make another Patrick Roy trade. Roy was acquired by Colorado from Montreal after he had a falling out with the coaches and management. He in turn led the Avs to two Stanley Cup titles. Theodore is no Roy, but(again) he's entering the prime of his career, and he's been in the playoffs before, so maybe there's promise. He's not in the intense spotlight of Montreal anymore, and that allowed Roy to prosper, so Lacroix might think Colorado will have that same affect on Theodore. Here's to hoping.

-Trevor and I are packed for West Virginia. We leave tomorrow morning around 9am.

-Colin, Eric, and I have purchased our season tickets for the new MLS team in Houston, the Houston Dynamo. We have AWESOME seats. I'll try to post pics of the seats sometime. We've already drafted what games we want, and I've got a few really good ones. I'll post about those as the dates approach.

-I have bought tickets for me and Mal to all 3 games of the Boston/Atlanta series later this year in June. We have(again) some AWESOME seats. We're both really excited. I'm gonna fly in from Houston, while Mal will drive in from Paris. More details as the games get nearer...

-This just in....this summer is going to be awesome.

-Trevor and I officially started our volleyball season today. We went out to the court(which is about 50 yards from our apartment) for two hours today, working on drills and receiving serves from Aaron. Man, what a workout that game gives you! I got a feeling that we're going to be really good. We both saw a dramatic improvement today from when we first hit the ball to the final serve from Aaron that we successfully bump-set-spiked. Trevor and I, for some reason, naturally tend to be pretty good teammates in the sports arena. We're both ready to come back from Spring Break and play Dan and Adam(who have been boasting their vball skillz) in some 2v2 beach volleyball on the court. It's gonna be great. The weather isn't as warm as we want it yet, but it will be there before too long. This summer is going to especially be awesome volleyball weather, as I'll be in Houston. Who knows, maybe I will actually get even darker than last year! No whammies no whammies...

well that about sums this week up. We are headed out early in the morning. I promise great pics of our Spring Break in my next post. Until next time...

-Henry "Downhill Skiing" Horne

No comments: