Saturday, March 04, 2006

So Close...

Not sure why I haven't posted any this week. It was almost completely uneventful, so I'm assuming that that makes me lazy?

We lost our hockey game Tuesday 7-6 in overtime, and it was ALL my fault. I was too aggressive on a player coming in on the left face-off circle. I was certain he was going to have a breakaway if left unchallenged(and he would have certainly scored; he's good), so I went too far from the crease. He effortlessly put it over my left shoulder. It sucks because we were having a great game and playing really well. We're still have a solid group of guys, and I like our chances heading in the 2nd half of the season and playoffs.

Our intramural soccer team has come alive. I was unable to play on our co-ed team on Wednesday; I was definitely not feeling good that day due to a lack of sleep and headaches the night before. I was ready to go for our men's team on Thursday night though. I don't know what it was, but we started hitting our passes, started talking, and started scoring. Dan had two goals including a bitchin' header off a set piece, and Kyle had 2 as well. It was a pretty lame game for me; I don't even think they had a shot on goal the entire time. We ended up winning 5-0. We celebrated by going out to Chili's afterwards.

Last night was basically a party at Aaron's all night with the Splendid Chaos concert in between. After the concert, the guys brought back about 11 people that we didn't even know, haha. They were all relatively cool, though, so it wasn't too awkward.

Today Trevor, Dan, Aaron, Reggie, and I went out to the public soccer fields to kick the ball around. We got some good practice end and came up with some great ideas for more set pieces and corner kicks.

I got a dvd in the mail today that we've been waiting on for about a week. It's the movie The Wizard. Being video game nerds, this movie is one all of the guys remember from their childhoods. It's basically a 90 minute commercial for Nintendo products...seriously. We haven't watched it since I got it, but we are all pretty sure it has the same bad acting it had in the 80s. It's hard to find on VHS, let alone on dvd. That's because it DOESN'T exist on dvd; the guy I bought it from on ebay copied the movie from vhs to dvd, which I thought was cool. We're all going to Aaron's tonight to watch the movie. Should be fun.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. My parents are coming to Starkville to attend this fund-raising breakfast at the Episcopal Church here; the fund-raising has something to do with the Gray Center, so naturally that's why my parents are attending. While they are here, they are also going to switch cars with me, as we need the van to transport people on the ski trip in a week. Mom and Dad are also going to get to see me play some hockey as well, which is great. They haven't seen me in a game in a loooooong time(remember, I was gone for a year). I'm sure we'll eat lunch in between all this madness tomorrow too.

Speaking of skiing......uhm, yeh, I'm exicted. In one week will be on the snow-laden peaks having a freakin' blast. Two tests stand in my way next week, however. My professors just had to make it difficult didn't they?

No comments: