Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Bash

Last night was the Labor Day Bash at Eric's place...

Holy crap. It was unbelievable. There were around 25 people there at any one time. We had two televisions set up, one each showing a different game. We watched the USA/Mexico soccer match(USA won 2-0, going back to da' Cup), watched some great tennis from the U.S. Open, and of course, we watched tons and tons of football. Oklahoma, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Tennessee, and on and on...we watched part of at least every major game that was going on.

To add to this already great atmosphere, Eric had an unbelievable party mix of music playing on his Mac the entire time. The sound system went through the entire house, even outside near the grill! I told him I want a list of the entire playlist from last night; it is definitely a mix I can play for future gatherings that I will host.

Food was plentiful throughout the house and outside. We grilled chicken and vegetables on the grill to make fajitas. All kinds of chips were along the bar with possibly every dip known to man. Carrot sticks and cucumber slices, along with this unique ranch-like dip, were my snack of choice during the night. On the kitchen table was a HUGE bowl of chex mex; it was also a favorite of mine. Cookies, brownies, and other sweets also occupied the kitchen table space. Other delectables and finger foods were dispersed between everything else.

What did we do during all the tv timeouts and halftimes!? Oh we gamed, and gamed alot. A dart board was available, and I made a point to play on it. It was electronic and not bristle, but it was still alright. I beat Colin in cricket by 200 points. Then we played teams in a game of 501, and what's-his-name and I won by a little over 100. Eric also had a foosball table, but I just refereed the games on that. Frank brought over this game called Washer Boards; it's a homemade game, but it is quite possibly the best party game to ever be invented. Basically, you have these two boxes, about 1.5 feet square and 7 inches tall. The front is inclined down, and there is a hole in the middle, about 4 inches in diameter. The whole box is covered in cloth. You set the boxes about 20 feet from each other, and each team attempts to throw 3" washers onto the board. One point for landing the washer on the board, and 5 points are for landing the washer into the hole. Yeh, who landed the washer in the whole in his first game? That's right. We lost, but I still had the only ringer the entire game :)

The whole night was a blast. People began leaving, albeit slowly, around 1:30am or so, but Colin and I stayed. Colin, Eric, Jennifer(his wife), and I just sat around the kitchen table and talked about EVERYTHING imaginable until about 4:30.

During the course of the night, I was able to get Eric, Colin, and Frank interested in playing some beach volleyball. They were actually very excited about it. We are scheduled to play at 1100 on Monday, a Labor Day volleyball showdown, if you will.

I know you are prolly wondering where all the pictures are. I had fully intended to bring my camera, and it was sitting on my counter with all my other stuff(wallet, keys, etc.); for one reason or another I forgot it. Secondly, if I did post the pictures, chances are chaos would ensue with the response they'd get, so I'll just stick to describing the night, haha.

time for disc golf!

-H

No comments: