Thursday, September 01, 2005

Baseball Moral

moral-of-the-story time...

Walker, a huge Cardinals fan, decides he wants to go see the Cards play the Astros this weekend. He mentions it to me, also stating that Roger Clemens(300 game winner, 6 Cy Young awards, future Hall-of-Famer) would be pitching on Friday night. He asks if I would like to go. I say sure, with the stipulation that he buy the tickets(i'd pay him back, of course) and make the rest of the plans. So he instant messages me yesterday; he says there is a problem. Supposedly, the Astros changed their rotation slightly, so they could better match up against the Cardinals' big 3. What's that mean? It means Clemens' start was moved to Saturday night. Walker didn't find this out until AFTER he got the Friday night game tickets. He forgot to check right before he bought the tickets. Instead of the Rocket, we get to see Ezequiel Astacio(who?!?) and Mark Mulder(15-6, so he should be fun to watch).

So what's the moral of the story?
Answer: From this point on, I shall do all planning and ticket-buying for every sporting event I plan to attend.

Upside to this: I get to see Albert Pujols(mvp candidate, power hitter), Jim Edmonds(probably up there with Andruw Jones in terms of awesome center fielders), and David Eckstein(great shortstop who looks like he is 16).

Also, Sept. 13 is supposedly "NASA Day" at Minute Maid Park, which means we get SUPER cheap tickets. Pretty much my entire group is going, which should be fun(it's like 30 people). The STS-114 crew will also be present for a pre-game presentation, so that will be cool as well. The Astros will be playing the Marlins; a game which has MAJOR playoff implications.

Sucks that I've seen both of these teams(STL and FLA) play before...no new teams...

and yes, I'll be rooting for the Astros(see earlier post).

I changed my mind; I'll talk about my job NEXT post :)

-H

No comments: