Thursday, September 29, 2005

On the Eve of Destiny

Long time, no post, but I have good reason. My Sox haven't been impressive...in fact, they have been down right deplorable. That is, until tonight. Big Papi comes through AGAIN, hitting a walk-off hit to left field, driving in Johnny Damon to beat the Blue Jays 5-4. With the Yankees winning, that means the Sox are 1 game behind New York going into this weekend's HUGE 3-game set against the Bombers. THIS is the playoffs to me, folks. This is going to decide the playoffs, and it may even be a preview of the League Championship Series. Tomorrow, Eric, Colin, Jason, and I are headed to BJ's to watch the game right after work. We gotta head out of work early, so we can get seats; Happy Hour at BJ's is from 4-7. Colin and I are hoping we see some Yankee fans....it should make for an interesting evening. Don't be surprised if Colin and I get into a fight, haha...

The fun doesn't stop after tomorrow night. Saturday morning, Eric, Jenn(his wife), Colin, Rachel(his g/f), Jason, and I are headed to D-town(that's Dallas). We'll get there around noon, just in time to sit down at yet ANOTHER bar and watch the Game 2 of the Sox series. After that, it's off to the Texas State Fair we go. I am SO looking forward to the fried Twinkies Eric keeps telling me about. After the fair, it will be time for an awesome occasion: MY FIRST HOCKEY GAME of the season!!! Avalanche vs Stars, baby. It's gonna be awesome. My jersey and two Avalanche shirts are ready to represent...

Obviously, I made it home safely from MS. I drove back Monday with Walker in tandem, and we were making awesome time until we got to I-45. It took us 4 hours to go 130 miles....eyugh. That sucked. Nevertheless, we arrived safely and the toll booths were closed for Rita Evacuation, which meant a Free Ride home once in Houston :)

Besides the Sox winning, I got even more great news from Mallory tonight. It seems a friend of hers has the exact costume she was looking for. That means a FREE costume. Which in turn means that we are gonna continue with her idea for our Halloween costumes. What are our costumes?! Mwa haha...I'll let you ponder on that one...

well I'm extremely tired from shouting and cheering tonight, and I have to do all that over again tomorrow night; therefore, I am turning in early tonight.

-H

No comments: