Sunday, September 25, 2005

Heading Out

Walker came down from Starkville to spend the night here tonight, reducing his total driving hours for the trip home. We leave tomorrow at sometime around 8am. We had this brilliant plan mapped out as to how we were going to return to Houston; we were gonna take back roads and take the most roundabout way home, but we WERE going to get home. We then found out that evertyhing east of Houston and south of Hwy 190 is shut down to traffic....damnit. In addition to this, the authorities are routing EVERYONE to I-45. WTF!? Thankfully, there is some good news. Many of the evacuees began returning Saturday night, and as a result, the traffic on I-45 seems to be moving rather swiftly(according to the Houston Chronicle). It only gets hairy near Beltway 8, but that's to be expected. Hopefully I wont run out of gas and have to ditch my jeep in the middle of the interstate. No whammies no whammies no whammies...

Jason isn't returning until Tuesday. He has tons of Vacation Days built up, so I don't blame the guy...

Since Jason wont be there, I wont have internet(he took the modem) for one night, but I think I can get by. I found out just mere minutes ago that Seabrook has electricity, so I can at least watch tv or a movie( I did take the tv set-top box)...

In other news, I beat God of War this weekend with the ample amount of free time given to me during my stay here in Canton. UNBELIEVABLE game. Truly a piece of work. I look forward to the sequel. I somehow missed the fact that my parents had several pieces of literature available regarding classical mythology. I am reading what is considered to be the foremost book on the subject: Edith Hamilton's Mythology. I am only about 40 pages into the thing, but it is very very interesting. This stuff just fascinates me...

Sox and Yanks both won today...still tied atop the AL East. Indians dropped one, so their Wild Card lead is down to a 1/2 game over us and the Yanks.

I am looking forward to this weekend: Dallas, Avs Game, Texas State Fair, and the Sox/Yanks series. I am dubbing the activities this weekend as the first annual Octobatorium. It should be a blast...

-H

No comments: