Sunday, February 26, 2006

Gearin' Up

Trevor and I took a day trip to Jackson on Saturday to get some gear for our ski trip over spring break. We first met out parents for lunch at Amerigos, an excellent Italian restaurant. After grub, it was time to get shopping. Mrs. Joyce knew of this ski store right beside Indian Cycle, and it did not disappoint. I eyed a red ski jacket right as we came in, and I was sure that was what I wanted. Unfortunately, it was a size too small, and I had to find another one. At the end of our stay at the store, I procured a nice ski jacket, another pair of ski pants, several pairs of thermal socks, and ski gloves. From Trevor's past ski expeditions he had an extra pair of Smith goggles, so I lucked out with those. Plain and simple, Trevor and I are ready to get skiing.

stylin for the slopes...

In not so good news, my team had to forfeit our hockey game today; we did not have enough players show up. Above all else, I hate losing, but forfeiting a game could actually be a worse feeling. These guys made a commitment when they paid their dues before the season. You can't just "not show up." It really bummed me out today that so many of my teammates didn't show. It's just very disappointing. I did find solace in the fact that my game's forfeit made it possible for me to attend our group's Mexican night(we eat at El Sombrero every Sunday). I rarely get to join the guys on Mexican night due to my hockey schedule, so it was fun to go today.

This week should be pretty easy going. A co-worker of Trevor's has approached him in regards to recruiting teammates for a softball team. I am not sure if this is intramural or not, but I think it would be fun as hell to get a softball team going for intramurals(or any other league). Trevor and I were actually talking about it a few days prior to his coworker's inquiry. I am a baseball nut, and I absolutely love playing the game and thinking the game. Most people don't realize that I played baseball my entire life and even one year into high school. I had to give up baseball to play soccer in Paris, as their seasons coincided, and I was upset with making the decision. I have been longing for a return to the diamond. Granted, intramural softball is kinda limiting(no stealing), but I still think it will be a blast. Even if we don't join Trevor's coworker's team, we are definitely joining the softball forray in the fall, just in time for the Fall Classic :)

-H

No comments: