Friday, May 12, 2006

4 semesters down...4 to go

Damn. Sh*t. How they hell can you completely OWN the #2 seed in the conference one week and then turn around and get swept? I have no idea, but the Avalanche do. Grr. Today was so awesome with the Sox winning at the Stadium(Papelbon got save #13!), but that great feeling quickly evaporated into a painful gut sensation. Bleh. They just couldn't get the offense going. I think the Avs were 0-for-124 on the power play during the series. Or something close. Grr. Sure, I'll probably get over it in a week or so of watching baseball, but damn. Com'on guys. Four games in a row? I was really looking foward to wearing my "2006 Stanley Cup Champions" t-shirt as I walked off the airplane in DC next month. You're lucky Richard...verrry lucky. I normally don't cheer for the team that defeats mine, but I'm gonna do that this year. Go Ducks. I hate Jersey(they're almost gone anyways), don't care about Buffalo(I hate Hasek), and absolutely loathe San Jose(knocked Avs out a few seasons ago), so they're the only logical choice.

I've begun reading The DaVinci Code in preparation for the motion picture of the same name coming to theaters next week. I still can't believe I bought the book. If you know me, you know I enjoy reading fiction as much I like eat lima beans. I was also pretty skeptical that the book was as awesome as everyone and their child was saying it was, but I should not have been. I'm only 15 chapters into the novel, and I'm completely hooked. I'm all about some secret codes. Bring on the movie!

E3 was this week in Los Angeles, and just as Trevor and I predicted, Nintendo freakin' owned. Let's just say you ALL will be hearing alot more about the Nintendo Wii in the coming months. Just google it or something. Or go to IGN. Everyone is talking about it, and with good reason. This baby is sa-weet. Yes, Richard, I'll have one before Christmas this year. Now we can fill that void between eating and sleeping during the Christmas break, haha.

Exams are done. I leave my cozy corner of Starkville for home tomorrow, and I venture to Houston on Saturday or Sunday. Yours truly is still sportin the big FOUR POINT after 4 semesters :)

-H

No comments: