Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Welcome(Back)

First of all, for those of you that were redirected from my old site...Welcome!

The SIHL banquet went well. I got our Sewell Cup trophy for the Championship, but that was all I expected to get. Totally out of nowhere, Richard presented trophies for milestones reached this season for goalies. I was awarded with a plaque for reaching the 25-win mark in the SIHL. Only one other goalie has that many wins, and it took him 50 games to get 25 wins. It only took me 35 :). Attached to the plaque was the actual puck that used in the game in which I got my 25th win. It's quite possibly my most cherished trophy now. There were pictures taken that evening, but Richie has yet to send them to me. I'll try to post them when I get 'em.

This one goes out to Tarik. It seems you made this comment before the game yesterday:

"The red sox blow and they will get their asses handed it to them tomorrow evening."

So tell me Tarik...what happened last night? Damon went 0-4. Papi went deep. Mirabelli was as if he never left. Sox won. Aren't you so looking forward to having me as a mentee again this summer? hahaha.

I have finally registered for Fall classes. I had to wait for this one class to become available, but now it's good. Here we go. I opted to just use the MSU Course Catalog descriptions of the courses:

Mechanics of Deformable Structures
Introduction to structural materials and loads. Deflection analysis using energy methods, flexibility-based matrix method, and the finite element method. Influence of design on deflection and vice versa.

Aerothermodynamics
Energy; First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics; Entropy; Properties of Ideal Gases; Mixtures; Gas Power Cycles; One Dimensional Compressible Flow; Introduction to Heat Transfer.

Orbital Mechanics I
Two-body orbital mechanics;geometry of spatial orbits; fundamental orbits determinnation;orbital maneuvers; introduction to rendezvous and interplanetary trajectories.

Electrical Engineering Systems
Definitions and laws relating to electrical quantities; circuit element descriptions; development of techniques in network analysis; semiconductor devices; integration of devices into digital networks.

Vibrations
Fundamentals of free vibration, energy methods; forced and damped vibration, single degree of freedom; two degrees of freedom.

The only class I am not excited too much about is EE Systems. I absolutely hate electricity and magnetism, so I can expect to loathe them even more come this Fall.

No comments: