Wednesday, August 31, 2005

[(23-21), (21-17)], [(21-18), (21-11)]

Today was the beginning of the Hopper-Horne volleyball era. We met those guys at Friendswood Park at 700, and we were well underway soon after some warm-ups...

We played them well the first game. We were even able to force them past 21. The next was also tight, but not as close. They took the first match. The next game was pretty much the same as the last. It may have been the competitive atmosphere tonight, but Jason was EN FUEGO. He was hand-setting bee-yoo-tee-fully to me; these sets were right on the money. We both dug well off of serves too. I was able to put away most of those awesome sets from Jason; I think I know exactly how to spike it just right now. We aren't exactly sure what happened in the final game, but they smoked us, haha. Despite the ownage on their part, Jason and I were pumped after the second match. We completely surpassed our expectations, and we look forward to playing against these guys and others soon...

The guys said that the courts are usually packed at night, but since school has resumed very few have shown up. They said the weekends are usually a good night to find other people to play...

Jason and I are gonna take a day off tomorrow, mainly due to the fact that gas prices jumped 60 cents from the time we went to work this morning to the drive back home.

Speaking of spiking gas prices...
The idea of solar arrays on the moon microwaving energy down to us isn't such a bad one now, is it? HA. I do believe the civil space program has a clear purpose this and the next decade.

I am going to sit in on the sim tomorrow. It's a short sim(0800-1400), but it's a biggie: they're simming the installation of the next piece of the station(the next truss segment). That, of course, puts some ka-razy torques and moments on the ISS body, which is exactly what my group is concerned with...don't worry, I will fully explain my job and group's purpose next post :)

-H

No comments: