Wednesday, February 08, 2006

7-6

Arrrrrrgh...I hate losing close games because it usually means that I am the one that could have changed the outcome. True, I could have definitely have played better, but oh well. We play those foes several more times this season. It was a great game, and for the unusually large crowd that was there tonight, it was an especially good game to watch. It's all about the fans, after all(at least that's what the NHL "says")...

I would be a terrible person if I didn't say HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY REGGIE!!! Yup, that's right. The friend I have known the longest finally passed that magical barrier today. I was swamped with my schedule and early hockey game, so I was unable to celebrate at Applebee's with him and Trevor this afternoon. He had 2 Sam Adams with his lunch; I'm so proud*tear*. Aaron turned 21 a month ago, Reggie turned today, and Adam Brown turns the two-one next week. It definitely feels like eternity until June 11....

I was doing some deep thinking during my Early U.S. History class today, and this is what I came up with: be it either by coincidence or on purpose, but ALL of the Horne children's names are prominent names of kings and queens in world history. Just do a Wikipedia search or a Google search. You'll see what I mean. William, Caroline, John, Henry, Richard....all of them. I wonder if the Horne parents knew what they were doing....hmmmmmm....

Wandler has persuaded me to go with them(he, Aaron, Reggie) to Tuscaloosa to their friends' party this Friday night. I don't have to drive, and I don't have to pay for any of the gas. Why WOULDN'T I go?! Besides, the Tuscaloosa gang is cool as hell, so it'll be good to see them again(they were here for my Welcome-Back party). We're returning on Saturday, so I'll still have time to do the things I was originally planning on doing this weekend...

well, I have to get up relatively early tomorrow. Richard Wright(SIHL president) and I have a weekly breakfast at The City Bagel, a tradition started by Richard, Richard Sewell, and I many moons ago. Each week this year we have had a progressively larger group of hockey players show up, so hopefully it will keep up. Plus, I get to play with Brennan, Richard's 1.3 year old baby. This kid is awesome, and he's definitely going to be a hockey player. He'll be amost 4 when I leave Starkville, so maybe if he sees me on a constant basis, he'll remember me at some point when he gets into the NHL. That's the plan anyway, haha...

-Henry

No comments: