Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Craziness

Whew. I have just now recovered from that crazy week of stuff I told you about last week. All kinds of thing went on, but I'll try to give you the concise version...

Sunday I had 2 hockey games. One was at 3pm, and the other was at 7pm. Somehow, someway, despite our fatigue, we managed to get 2 wins that day.

Monday was spent studying, studying, studying for all my exams and quizzes happening that week.

Tuesday I had my first Dynamics test. I love how my professor pulled these problems WAY out of her ass. I swear, coming into the test, I felt I knew this stuff cold. Then, she gives us those 5 hellacious problems. After yelling expletives in my head upon receiving the exam, I slowed down, took a look at everything, and went to work. I actually felt pretty good about the test after I turned it in. My proff said she'd have them graded and posted online by Saturday afternoon, but no...they weren't. At this moment, she has YET to give us our grades...grrr. I have heard that she is sometimes scatter-brained, so maybe that's the problem

Tuesday night I had yet another hockey game. It was a personal best for me for the season that night, and my team played well offensively too. All-around a great game for the Predators. We are now in first place, baby :)

Wednesday I had physics class and my lab. The rest of the time was spent studying some more and packing for Chattanooga. Wednesday night was our first soccer game for our co-ed team. We lost 5-0. Not cool.

Thursday was my 3rd Mechanics of Materials quiz. I didn't have time to finish it because the last part was solving 3 equations with 3 unknowns, which is a bitch on paper. Dr. Sullivan saw what I was working towards, however, and I still got a sweet grade on the quiz anyway. Later that afternoon was my Early U.S. History test; I'm rather confident I smoked it. I'll see the grade tomorrow.

Thursday night was our first soccer game(mens), and we played this team called DeVille. See, all these guys have been playing soccer together in Starkville since conception, and they all(for some reason) decided not to leave Starkville after high school. They all opted to attend Mississippi State and never leave their hometown; the only reason for this I can think of is that they just wanted to own in intramural soccer. And they do...or did...or something like that. We lost by way too much, and we didn't score any either. That's pretty much all you need to know. Thursday night I was up until the wee hours studying for Physics and packing for Chattanooga.

Friday rolled around(thank God!), and I woke up extra early to finish packing and get some last problems worked. I took the Physics III exam at 11:00 am, and I was outta there by 11:30. I smoked it. The only things I missed were teeny tiny errors. I have the concepts down pat.

Around noon I headed to Chattanooga. I rolled in to Chatt-town around 5:30 local time, and Mal and I headed to dinner shortly thereafter. We at the Acropolis, a nice Greek restaurant near the mall. Afterwards, we tried to get some shopping in. I needed a new dress shirt for the weekend, and I was able to find one(and it was on sale!).

Saturday, Mal took the practice GRE, and when she returned around noon, we went to eat at Sticky Fingers with Alicia. While there, I got to meet Graf, a guy that will be going with us skiing on Spring Break. He seemed to be pretty cool, and I think we'll get along well.

Saturday night Mal and I had planned to go eat somewhere nice. I tried to find the poshest restaurant in Chattanooga, and I think we got pretty close. We tried our Porter's Steakhouse. It was fabulous. Mal had the pepperloin, and I tried the filet mignon. We also dabbled into this apple cobbler-like dessert too. If I had been 21, we would have also tried to their wine selection, haha. We like to go all-out sometimes at nice restaurants, so OF COURSE we had to look our best:

we could have hosted Fashion File or something

After dinner, we rented what we thought would be a good movie: The Legend of Zorro. BZZZ! WRONG. Terrible terrible movie. We had fun making fun of it anyways.

Sunday night Mal and I flexed our intellectual muscles in a game of Turbo Cranium against her friends and roomates. Needless to say, we owned the playing field. I swear, Mal is probably the best person in the world at drawing accurate pictures with her eyes close. Seriously. She does better than I do when my eyes are open!

After the huge win, we went to get another movie to watch. This time it was The Cave. We were hoping to get at least a little scare, but again, we chose poorly. I know I know. We should have known. Oh well. We did have fun making fun of this movie too, so it wasn't all bad.

Monday morning, Mal had class, so I slept in until shortly before noon. I got showered and met Mal and her friends in the UC for lunch. I headed back to Starkville right after lunch. I had a blast in Chattanooga(as I usually do); I just with the weekends had about 4 days in them instead of 2. It just flies by too quickly. I really can't wait for spring break :)

Yesterday I had my first Mechanics of Materials quiz. I felt pretty decent about it, but we'll have to see tomorrow how I did. No whammies no whammies.

Whew. And that's it. I told you it was a crazy week.

I'm out.

-H

No comments: