Sunday, February 12, 2006

You hear that? It's a busy week getting closer...

This weekend pretty much kicked ass, but the fun was only temporary, as this upcoming week is sure to be one of the craziest.

Thursday night got things of to a pretty entertaining start. Around 10pm that evening, the whole gang headed over to Polliwogs, and we stayed there until closing time, which is around 12:30 on weeknights. We pretty much just sat around, but there were some random points of dart-throwing, although I mainly just watched; the dartboard was the plastic kind, so it wasn't that impressive. I will have to say that Polliwogs is about twice as smokey as Dave's, and that's really saying something. My eyes were burning like hell as we walked out...

Friday night Aaron, Reggie, Adam Wandler, and I headed to Tuscaloosa at around 7pm. The weather was terrible, and add that to the fact that Wandler can't drive on the road in the rain without a car in front of him, it took us almost 2 hours to get to Tuscaloosa. After navigating through the high waters in T-town, we finally arrive at Adam's good friend Andy's house, who also became good friends with my group of guys over the past year. I barely knew Andy, and I didn't know anyone else at all beyond him, so I didn't know what to expect that night. Thankfully, Andy was cool as hell, and so were his friends. I mean, how could you not have fun at a house where there are multiple Houndstooth hats floating around all night?(that's a UA reference for those of you not in tune with college football history). I met several people that have the same major as I do(they attend UA), and they all turned out to be some really cool people to know. At its peak, the party had about 45 people in the house at one time...yeh, it was THAT nuts. I am definitely going back to T-town with the guys the next chance I get.

Aaron had to work at 2pm today, so we left around noon from Tuscaloosa. I vegged the rest of the day, and we went to Peppers for dinner tonight. After that, we retreated back to Aaron's crib to watch the final 4 episodes of the Arrested Devlopment series, which aired last night(while we were at the party). Reggie recorded the shows on a vcr tape(we need a damn DVR), so the shows were ready for viewing tonight. It goes without saying that those last episodes were HILARIOUS. Please, if you haven't already, go pick up the first 2 seasons on dvd. Better yet, if you would like to pick those up for ME, that would be swell as well :). Oh, and word has it that SHOWTIME is going to pick up the series. That's great on one hand, but on the other it's not because we dont have SHOWTIME :(....I'll try to figure that problem out...

This week coming up is gonna be wild. Tomorrrow, I have TWO hockey games; one is at 3pm, and the other is at 7pm. Why we have a double header I don't know. I also have a game on Tuesday night. It's going to be tough on the body. School-wise, I have a Dynamics exam on Tuesday, a U.S. History exam on Thursday, a Mechanics of Materials quiz that day as well, and a Physics III exam on Friday. As you would expect of an engineer, I feel pretty confident with everything except U.S. History; I have ALL these terms to know and discuss. Bleh. Thankfully it's not Tunisian History or something(no offense to readers from Tunisia!).......continuing the craziness, intramural soccer starts this week; we have a game on Wednesday and Thursday. We haven't practiced once yet this semester, so we'll try to squeeze that in somewhere this week too.........oh, and the craziness doesn't stop. The upcoming weekend will give me something to look forward to(thank God!!); I am leaving for Chattanooga right after my Physics exam on Friday. I would like to actually wear something NEW for my stay up there, but I simply don't have time this week to get anything in Columbus. Maybe I'll get something while I am up there? I am in dire need of additions to my wardrobe, and I am sure the Chattanooga crew is wondering if I ever wear any other clothes, haha. My car also needs an oil change, so that will need to be done at SOME free point in my week.

There you have it. Crazy-fun week #1 is nigh...

Random thought...I have no clue, but I have been addicted to R.E.M. the past few days. I am trying to assemble a TVBO(the very best of...) cd right now. Again, no idea why they are in my head, just are. Go figure...

I am going to get some things arranged in my apartment, then I'm headed to bed. I need all the rest I can get for tomorrow...

-Henry

No comments: