Sunday, February 05, 2006

yes, I am a nerd.....sometimes

Well, this weekend was fun.

Friday was a marvelous occasion. The Onkyo HT-S780 7.1 surround sound system is installed!!! Ladies and gentlemen, you have GOT to visit my apartment at least once in your lifetime. This thing is unbelievable. I will not go into all the details, because that would be boring. Just know that since about 3am Friday night, we've been playing video games(well, just one) and watching movies on it like crazy. It's so so so so awesome. Come check it out.

time for a nerd moment:
Friday was also a big deal because we(Dan, Adam, Adam, Grant, Robert, Reggie, 2 other guys, and I) finally beat what many considered to be one of the hardest video games of all time: Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the Super Nintendo. We've been trying since this summer(when I acquired the game); Dan and I were up until 5am one night trying to beat it. We can get to the end easily; that isn't the hard part. What IS difficult is the final boss, and well, it just annoys the hell out of ya. When Reggie and I arrived at Dan's on Friday night(around 7), Dan had already gotten to the end(the easy party) but having hard times with the boss(the hard part). After several grueling hours, I came away victorious. We took pictures of the credits because this is a VERY rare occurence...once I have those pictures I will post them to prove to you that we beat the game(and that I'm a geek sometimes...)

Saturday rocked as well. After a day of(again) more fun with the Onkyo, the whole gang headed to dan's for a pre-Dave's warmup. After about two hours, we all headed to Dave's to see Young Agent Jones play. Man, these guys ROCKED. I'm working on burning their cds as we speak. I love these guys. Plus, we were at Dave's, so that automatically makes things fun. Reggie and I owned at foosball, I waxed Regg in Golden Tee, and all of our clothes smell like smoke. I also saw about half a dozen people I had not seen since my last semester here, so that was fun. There are some great pics from the evening, but I'll have to steal them from Trevor before I put them on here. There was an after-party after Dave's, but I was worn out. I headed home to crash for our early hockey game..........

.....we won 12-5. My team played GREAT. Their score would have been lower, but a few pucks dropped out my glove off hard shots, and that left juicy rebounds. So it SHOULD have been 12-3, haha, but as long as we get the W I don't mind. I've added links over on the right column of my blog(you know, somewhere under my picture, with the rest of the links) for direct access to SIHL scores and score sheets. Now all of you can keep up with what should be a Sewell Cup Championship run. Enjoy!

Watched the Super Bowl tonight. Nothing super exciting, but some good football all-around. Always good to just eat burgers and hang out with the gang in front of a big tv. I hope my bro had a great Super Bowl party at his place with his new Panasonic EDTV. I think Caro and Rich went up there to the party as well. Guess I wasn't invited, haha...

I know I keep saying this, but pictures are on the way, I promise...we got pics of the living room(with the system set up), my room all organized, and other things. Bear with me!

now I am off to the wonderful world of Physics III....

-Henry

No comments: