Sunday, April 10, 2005

a man, a plan, a canal, panama.......

Well this weekend has gone pretty much like I predicted: quiet and noeventful...at least for the most part.

The Sox aren't playing like I expected them too...then again, neither is any other team. Everyone seems to be doing so-so and doing something wrong. It's only the first week, I know. I scrutinize too much, I guess.

SPEAKING of baseball...Mal went to see the Braves vs Mets game today in Atlanta...normally that's not a big deal, but Pedro Martinez, a Cy Young winner and former Red Sox ace, was pitching for the Mets. To make it better, he was facing off against John Smoltz, a starting-pitcher-that-went-to-the-bullpen-then-became-the-closer-and-now-has-returned-as a-starter for the Braves. Needless to say, it was a marquee matchup. Mal got GREAT pictures, omg. They were awesome. I wont post them on here cuz they are her pics and that'd be kinda stealing or something bad. She had a great time with her friends, and got to see some great baseball. Well I guess I'm not the bigger baseball fan anymore, am I? haha....

Today I got some new clothes to wear for Mal's banquet this Friday. I didn't get a suit or anything huge, but I did get a new dress shirt and tie. I luuuuv what I got...it's sharp. I wont show a pic or describe the clothes, but I will tell you that the shirt is a color that I have NEVER worn before. Oooooh, mysterious, isn't it?

I gotta get the new stuff dry cleaned before Thursday, so I gotta leave a little earlier tomorrow morning so I can drop them off.

Mississippi State had their annual Maroon vs. White scrimmage game TELEVISED on ESPN2 this weekend. That was a treat. I saw some good things, and I saw some bad things. I will tell you that our receivers this year are BAD-ASS. My dear lord, they were making some great plays. I still think we're gonna be a feared football team in about 2 years, though. We still got some stuff to work on.

I saw Sahara Friday night. Good movie to get the summer blockbuster season going. I suggest you go check it out. It's like Indiana Jones meets National Treasure.

Well a co-op at work told me of some volleyball courts way down NASA Pkwy. towards Friendswood. Well I went allllll the way until NASA Pkwy. ends, and I saw NO volleyball courts. I'll interrogate her tomorrow morning.

Woo hoo. I just won a bid on ebay for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Never been opened and with the factory seal. You prolly don't care, but this game will complete my collection of the Metal Gear Solid series. I even have the ORIGINAL Metal Gear Solid from 1998 in mint condition. Mwahaha.

That's about it. Sorry no pics to spice things up. I'm gonna iron and begin the process of deciding what to take this weekend on my journey. Latre

No comments: