Thursday, June 16, 2005

Dare I Say...En Fuego

well this boring week of school didn't turn out as bad as I originally thought. Trevor drove up Wednesday afternoon to surprise Amber(I know, awwwwww), so we've been able to hang out extensively. Trevor's trip up here was fortuitous, as he was able to swing by my house and pick some items that had been shipped to me. Several of the items were games I had ordered off ebay; we've been tackling those the past few days. It reminds me of the good ole' days when Trevor and I would go over to each other's house EVERY weekend JUST to work on beating a certain level or getting a certain special item. Those days were the greatest...

Trevor also came up because one of our favorite bands, U.S., was planned to play at Rick's tonight. I was rather excited, even though I hate Rick's with a passion; nothing but guys that can't dress, girls that are beyond stupid, and air that is waaay past the saturation point with cigarette smoke. I usually make an attempt to look beyond these shortcomings when U.S. comes to town; I DO play hockey with their drummer, so I'm even kinda obliged to go to the concerts....so we had that planned. Until this morning threw a wrench in the whole deal. BOTH of my professors scheduled tests TOMORROW. Yeh, I know. What the crap. It's summer school, so i guess they can do that stuff, but it still sucks. As you can probably guess, I had to forego the concert and pursue studies of the visual elements of art and speech making. *sigh*. Oh well...that's life.

We saw Batman Begins last night. FINALLY, they based it off the DC Comics and not a director's "vision." This movie rivals the first Batman in almost every respect. Great villains, deep characters, great fights, and an overall dark atmosphere. This is what the dark knight should have been like from day one. From what I gather on the IMDB message boards, the sequel is already in the works, and if you watch this movie, you will already know who the villain is :). Christian Bale is a fantastic cast as Bruce Wayne. His has the perfect "bat-chin." Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Katie Holmes, and Michael Cane turn in great performances that really round out the already superb cast. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequels...

Watson and I are going to test out the newly opened Mississippi State Disc Golf Course tomorrow afternoon. I'm almost afraid to see how bad it is, haha.

Trevor, Amber, and I went out to the soccer fields today and kicked the ball around and threw the frisbee. I can already tell that I'm getting darker, slowly but surely. Maybe this summer will be the year!

well, trevor just called. We're about to hit up the Waffle House.

Peace!

p.s. Here's a pic of my Art Professor. They caught him in the "act" yesterday.


Ahh, Bill Andrews. He's making some work of art that is made from or inspired by coathangers. Those dang visionary art professors....

No comments: