Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Trava-sham-ockery

son of a bitch.

a just typed a long post and my window closed all of a sudden.

here's an abbreviated form of what i had just typed...

The whole Horne clan(minus me) will be in D.C. the next two weeks.

Mallory is taking me to the Memphis Zoo this Sunday for my birthday :) (they have pandas!)

Mallory, her Dad, and I are going to see a Memphis Redbirds game on the 18th in conjunction with an ALS benefit parade and picnic.

I might be returning to D.C. this summer. Mal is taking her family, and she has invited me to go along as well. Details in future posts!

Mom and Dad gave me an awesome birthday present...quite possbily the most unique gift ever. What is it? A Christmas card sent to my mom's family in the 60's. No big deal, huh? This card was sent from Wernher and Maria von Braun. My mom lived right down the street from the man! Don't know who he is? Go HERE. Uhm, yeh, this guy basically was THE REASON we were able to get to the moon(yes, we landed on the moon. We didn't fake it.) He designed the massive moon rocket, the Saturn V boosters....the card isn't even the end of it. It has been put in a beautiful wooden frame with a nice, dark finish. The glass that holds the card is the same glass used to preserve historical documents and the like; it doesn't let UV rays in, it keeps dust out, etc. This frame was specially made to be viewed from both sides, as to allow the viewer to see BOTH sides of the card. BRILLIANT! I've included pics...


The front of the card. Is that not beautiful or what? It's an illustration of the earth, moon, and sun, and the cycles of each.


Here's the back...


A closer look at the back...

I've finally gotten a new cell phone *Joy to the World is played*. It doesn't cut out any more! Woo hoo! Pics below...


My new, schnazzy phone. I don't need a camera in my phone, but you can't buy a flip phone without one these days.


The phone...opened.

well there you have it people, in abbreviated form. I hate blogger sometimes...

G'night...
-The H

No comments: