Sunday, January 16, 2005

An apology

Sorry for that last post everyone. It came to my attention that it might not have been the easiest to read and/or comprehend. So I'll just summarize my job in plain english.

I'm a co op that will be trained to be a flight controller for the International Space Station. My most basic certification will take much time. I am part of the group at NASA that maintains all the data sytems and command interfaces onboard the station, such as the portable computers the crew uses. I also have lots of busy little office duties, such as making templates, delivering stuff, and organizing data. I have been and will continue to do tons of reading over the next few weeks, leading up to the training academy for co ops.

Well I hope this explained things more simply. Again, I apologize for the overuse of acronyms. That's about all they talk with at work, so I guess it rubbed off. For those of you more geek oriented, my job description can be found below ....

No comments: