Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I'm All In

sorry everyone for not blogging yesterday...Cant really blame me though...my dawgs lost by FORTY NINE points, the worst lost in MSU history. I didn't feel like doing anything yesterday after that.

Well, I think I am now formally in the ODIN group's circle of trust. Yesterday, the guys of the group invited me to poker night. Yeh, I was surprised as well. I had to turn them down though, cuz I promised Jason that we'd watch the Dawgs game at our place. That turned out to be a bad decision, haha. But I am going next week, for sure. They say it is lots of fun. Cant wait. Tuesday night every week---poker night. Sweet.

Okay, fast forward to today. TOTALLY awesome. I spent about 4 hours in mission control today. It wasn't the ISS or Shuttle FCR, but it was the OLD backroom they used for the Apollo flight control room. It is used for sims and general practice on all the consoles. Today they were certifying a program, and Eric let me just play around on the ODIN console. Three HUGE monitors ALL to me, haha. It was great. I still dont understand what's really happening on the screens, but I get some of it. Needless to say, it was cool to just be there, playing on the ODIN console, with the huge projectors of the ground track of the ISS in front of me. And I FORGOT my dang headset at my office before I came, so I couldn't plug in to listen to all the people talkin on the different loops. I will not make that mistake again, haha.

Some slightly bad news though. I am SUPPOSED to get paid tomorrow(Thurs), but I JUST set up my savings account at the credit union. I have no idea if it will get transferred or not. Here's to hoping. I did find out how to check my pay stub prior to each week, so that was cool. My check is HUGE. My dear lord I have never seen numbers that large...on ONE check. Holy crap. That's what I said all day. Now you can see why I hope it is transferred tomorrow. I gots to buy me some Robin Hood.

Well Mal and I were talking last night. I WAS gonna surprise her on V-day weekend, but she has a soccer tourney. So we both agreed that I should still come, so plans are in the works to send me over there the weekend of Feb. 4-6. I cant wait. It's gonna be GREAT to see her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo yo yo. Yeah, it blew that our boys got their asses handed to them the other night...Nice to see that your fitting in out there. Also nice to see that your gonna be raking in the $$$, now you can finally catch up with the 15 billion good games that came out over the last couple of months. - Reggie