Monday, February 07, 2005

Back again!

Gooooooooooooood Mornin' VIETNAM!!!

sorry, I just had to say that...welcome back everyone, I mean, I'm back to blog.

Last time we talked was, when, Friday? Sorry about that...I was kinda a bum this weekend. This work week has started with a bang, but I'll get to that in a moment.

Let's see, Friday was cool. Jason and I went out to eat at the Crazy Cajun, right across the street. What an experience, lemme tell ya. All the tables are wooden, and you sit on benches you'd find at a local park. The drinks are served in jars, and the "napkins" are retrieved from a paper towel dispenser at the end of the table. All above you are trophies of animals killed by the owner of the place, Sonny. Speaking of Sonny, he comes by everyone's table one by one and asks them how their meal is. Sonny is basically a Santa Clause with a trimmed beard...you prolly think this place kinda sucks from what I described, but don't let that fool you. The food was FANTASTIC. I had a whole catfish fillet, a hush puppy, and some fries. Mmm mmm, it was good. Just a really fun atmosphere, like something you would find in Texas. I loved it. The service was great, and the experience was truly enjoyable. I am DEFINITELY taking the guys there when they get here...

Saturday was cool. We played at the Wilmont Disc Golf Course. WOW, that place was awesome. I was wrong last week. THIS was the home to the State Championships in the fall. Yeh, I'm gonna definitely check that out my next term. I'm enjoying this great practice I am getting with my golfing skills. I have already noticed improvements in form, distance, driver throws, mid range throws, and especially putts. I cant wait to get back and check out the course at State and the course at home.

Ah, and Sunday came. You know, it's like the sun. We know it's gonna rise every morning. The Patriots are the same way. We all know they're gonna win the Super Bowl. They are truly a dynasty, and they deserve it. They are "perfect, in every aspect of the game."(that's a quote from one of MY favorite movies. Know which one?) Anyway, I've never said I'm a NE Pats fan, so I wont start now; that'd just be bandwagoning. Of course I kinda had to root for them a little, but I'm not a fan. I'm a Red Sox fan all the way, no doubt about it. I've never really had a favorite NFL team, so I guess that's why I keep up with the league so much.

Speaking of Super Bowl, that means ....yes........that's right........SPRING TRAINING IS NEAR. And that means......yes........yes....you got it.........BASEBALL SEASON IS NEAR!!! Some of my fellow Sox fans at work are going to go see them when they come down to play the Texans in April. I think I'm going with them; I think it would be fun...and THREE games of Sox!!! That's a no brainer.

Today was great. I got to work with a simulated ODIN console during a sim. No no, commands were not enabled. I could, however, manipulate the outputs of the telemetry, and see what the guy on the real console saw. We even turned on the DVIS(digital voice intercom system, very cool) to speaker, so we could hear the loops( I forgot my headset :( ).

Well, today, I bought/procured/packaged ________ for __________ for ___________ Day. I can prolly guarantee you that one of those blanks is absolutely nowhere close to what you think it is.

With that, I'm out.

No comments: