Thursday, February 03, 2005

TGIF...almost

Today was cool. I found out I was signed up for a training class! Exactly who signed me up remains to be seen, but I was excited, needless to say. Training Class = NO READING! The class was about the MDMs on board the ISS. An MDM is a Multiplexer/Demultiplexer, basically a computer. They control EVERYTHING that goes on in(and out) of the ISS. The class was about how the astronauts take the MDMs out of the racks, how they remove the data cards from inside the chassis, and how they put the cards and mdm back where they found them. It's a pretty cool process, one that requires some cool tools. Yes, I got to take part in the hands-on activity. VERY COOL. You are prolly wondering why the heck we ODINs(me and few other guys) had(or even wanted) to go to this class. Well, we deal mostly with problems solving with aspects of the computer network in the station. It helps to have an understanding of the physical components of what we deal with everyday. Just think if you knew all about how the computer worked, yet you knew nothing about the input devices such as the mouse and keyboard. Follow me?

My back tooth has been bothering me since this Christmas. I think it's a cavity, but my dentist back home in MS tells my dad that it can no way be a cavity(she was lookin at my xray). So I dont know what it is. I'm gonna try to see a dentist here and get his opinion on what is wrong. If it is something rather serious/costly I might have to hop on a jet home to get something done. Maybe I can visit my boyz one night while I'm home? Maybe...or maybe they can visit me in Jackson? Who knows...stay tuned

Yes, I'm still playing RE4. It's hard as #)@*# at some points. Enjoyable so far though. Let's hope it keeps up.

And for all you gaming geeks, get prepared. In a few days(possibly this weekend), I'm gonna post my TOP 10 VIDEO GAMES OF ALL TIME. That's right. I'm gonna give it to ya straight. The best of the best. There will be few rules that I will follow, though:

1) I will not judge PC games(they are the dark side of gaming)
2) I will only judge games that I have played(it is MY Top 10, after all)
3) I will not judge games that have come out in the past year. Their knee-jerk impressions(good or bad) are still too recent in my memory. I have to place the games against the background of history, and judge them from there.

that's it...

STAY TUNED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D.O.R.K –caro