Wednesday, February 16, 2005

SAD SAD DAY

You prolly dont wanna talk with me right now...I am SO PISSED. The whole friggin NHL season is down the drain. Commissioner Gary Bettman cancelled it today during a press conference. There was some optimism tomorrow when the Union finally accepted a salary cap and the owners decided to NOT link players' salaries with revenues. EVERYONE, including Barry Melrose, thought that we would finally salvage a season and have a playoff...it felt pretty good. The union was given a 10 am deadline today to make something happen. The union offered a 49 million salary cap, and the owners rejected. The owners proposed a 42 million. The union refused. AND THEY COULDN'T FIND COMMON GROUND!!! WHAT THE F#*@! Come on guys! Six million dollars, and you couldn't work it out? Wow, that's sad and unsettling. Who knows when we'll see hockey again. I'm sure the players will realize how much they miss their game, and also realize that they aren't gonna make friggin NBA salaries. Hockey is now lower than the 4th professional sport in the USA, and the players' salaries are gonna reflect that until they get more fans and make people realize how awesome the game is. This whole temper tantrum is definitely not good for the sport...I am very disappointed in the PLAYERS, the UNION LEADER, and the OWNERS. They better be glad I love this sport so much...otherwise, they would have lost me. I'm sure they've already lost thousands, if not millions of potential fans, from this. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

anyway...

I was on tv yesterday, that's right, NATIONAL TV!! I was in the ISS control room most of the day, and at 10 am cst everyday they have LIVE ISS mission coverage. This means they show the flight control room for an hour. Well we turned on the PIP on one of the moniters and turned on the NASA channel. Ten o'clock rolled around, and the camera was right on the room. Unfortunately, the camera was JUST to the right of my console, so I wasn't on it. So Pam(the ODIN on console at the time) had a great idea: go get a paper out of the printer. So we printed out a screen shot, and I walked all the way TO THE FRONT of the Flight Control Room, and I was RIGHT on tv! Woo hoo! Pam says I can get that snippit of film from Ground Control, and they can put it on a dvd or vhs for me. HOW COOL! I just gotta remember to get Pam to do that for me.

My big project is coming right along at work. I will have to present my pitch to the ODIN group soon, and see what they think about the program/tool I am developing. They'll give me criticisms and comments, all while I'm standing in front of everyone. Should be fun, haha...not really, but learning how to receive constructive criticism is good. This tool is gonna be SO badass. I can't wait until its finished, and yes, I'll tell you all about it when it is done.

Well I need to iron some clothes for tomorrow, so I guess I'll go. TOMORROW IS PAYDAY! Woo hoo!

-H

No comments: