Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Funny Story

hey errbody...

I'm kinda tired but I have a funny story to tell:

Okay, you remember last week I was at Top Gun(Training Academy), right? Well, we were being taught some things about Space Station Operations. The instructor began telling us about the MPLM(multi purpose logistics module), and she told us about how the shuttle brings the MPLM up to the station, docks it, and they remove racks from it. Racks are the scientific "stations" that go in the U.S. Lab module. Anyhoo, the racks are about, I dunno, a little taller than I am, about 2.5 feet wide, and about 2 feet deep. So, the instructor(a very nice lady) began talking about transporting the racks from the MPLM to the Lab. She then showed us slides of how the astronauts would go about doing it. And of course, we can visualize how they'd do it: They'd unhook them from their attatchments, and then they'd float them through the station to the lab. Riiiight??

Well, this bright kid asked this question. AND I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID:

"Mam, how did they move those racks? I mean, they look like they weigh alot."

Are you KIDDDING ME?!? Well, I proceeded to chuckle out loud. I couldn't help it. It just goes to show you that, even though someone could have ALL the book smarts in the world, they just dont have common sense.

Thank you, and good night.

No comments: