Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I....Hate........Rain

Well I am officially "settled in" to the apartment. Nothing really exciting today, as it rained for hours and hours on end. The forecast for the next 3 days: rain. WTF! I wanna get outside, kick the ball around, maybe even go to the Tupelo disc golf course. ANYTHING but just sit here. Thankfully, I have just set up all my video gaming consoles, and we're good to go in the gaming department...that should the ease the pain of the rainy days.

Got some bad news today: Chris, who had signed up to be in my classes this summer, has wussied out of summer school. Com' on man!!! Now I have no one to pass the time with in class. Thankfully, I just checked my two teachers for this 5 week term, and according to msuteachers.com, they are some of the most fun teachers on campus. Sa-weet!! Now I'm actually looking forward to class tomorrow.

After Chris bailed, that leaves only about 3 friends left here this summer: Bell, Aaron, and Amber(trevor's lady friend). Bell is cool, though. I've known him since he lived in trev's apartment. I've been friends with Aaron since freshman year 1st semester. I don't know Amber that well, but I'm gradually changing that. She's Trevor's girl, so I feel it is my duty while he is gone to watch over her and make sure she is OK. I'd swear that she likes exactly EVERYTHING that trevor likes. Hell, they both played alto sax in band....weeeiirrd.

Sox won tonight. Only 3 games back from Baltimore. Yanks lost as well(and there was much rejoicing).

I do have class tomorrow, but they start at 1000, so I'm not to worried about getting enough sleep. I wake up about 900 every morning anyways. With that though, I will say good night!

-The Hammer


p.s. I promised a picture, so here you go. This is the latest addition to the animal house that IS the Horne home. His name is Thurman, and he's a rough and ragged outdoor cat, yet his coat and fur always seem to be smooth and soft. How DOES he do it?!


Okay...can you spot the hiding cat?

1 comment:

Henry said...

Hammer was actually my nickname in recreational baseball. I hit the ball so hard one time during a tee ball game that it stuck in the outfield fence. From then on, my coach called me the Hammer. Every coach I have had since then has called me that...it just kinda stuck. It was quite interesting, too, because Hank Aaron was called Hamering Hank, and Hank is short for Henry. Funny how that works....

Three hours!? holy crap...bring a dvd or something to the library, haha.