Thursday, August 04, 2005

Gridiron Volleyball

As you probably know by now, volleyball has become my newest sports passion over the past 6 months. I am not quite sure what got me into it, but I'm glad I have. With that being said, Travis and I have tried to play volleyball at the Memorial Park swimming pool every day the past week. This isn't your grandfather's volleyball either; this is two on two to 21, best of 3 sets. It's fast, it's hard, and the sand does fly. We were able to document some of the more intense moments...

Travis watches as I perform a jump serve...that's right: JUMP serve.

Lee and I battle for a ball at the net...

Travis performing an incredible bump.

Mal also knew how to get some air...and spike the ball like a pro.

She even sacrificed her body to get to the ball.

Well, my stay in Paris has unfortunately come to an end. This past month has been an absolute blast, and it has definitely helped me in a big way. I have been able to relax everyday, not even think about work, and even get a decent tan started. The Stutzman's were EXTREMELY generous, letting me stay in there house and partake in some of their culinary products. They will see a surprise on their kitchen table tomorrow when the return from work :).

Travis is here...so I am gonna jet. Night.

-H

No comments: