Saturday, August 27, 2005

Weekend #1

We went to see The Brothers Grimm last night at the Cinemark down Nasa Rd. 1. I had been interested in this movie ever since I heard about it last winter. It didn't blow my sox off or anything, but I liked some parts of it, which were all the times when references to the old Grimm Fairy Tales were made. I distinctly remember reading those as a child, and seeing this flick piqued my interest in them once again. I found this website that has ALL of the GVT on it. Yeh, I didn't know there were around 200 of those; jeez, that's alot of fairy tales.

my favorite radio station down here is 94.5 The Buzz; whenever I am not listening to a cd of mine, I have my radio tuned to The Buzz and nothing else. Twice a year, 94.5 sponsors this awesome day of concerts called Buzzfest. Everytime they have an awesome lineup. This year, the highlights include Nickelback, Seether, Cold, and Audioslave, and it will take place in Minute Maid Park. Yeh yeh I know. All my siblings are saying right now, "Wow, Henry has really crappy music taste." I get that alot, so don't feel bad for saying/thinking it, haha. Anyways, tickets went on sale this morning at 1000 cst. I woke up at 1030(I meant to wake up at 1000, but my alarm didn't seem to work), and I immediately went to the computer. ALL of the Pit tickets were sold, which left only the stadium seats. Talk about PISSED. Normally, that wouldn't be too bad, but considering that the main stage will be ALL THE WAY into center field, it wouldn't really be that much fun being almost 300 feet away from the stage. Therefore, I have opted out of the concert this year. They do give away tickets on 94.5 all the time, so I'll listen and wait for my chance. Otherwise, there's always next year :(

I assisted Jason in his kayak shopping today. Those two-seaters are HUGE! Jason seems to think he's gonna order his kayak online, so he can get free shipping. I can't wait for that baby to get in. We are SO taking that thing into the Bay...

I bought a pull-up bar today, and I installed it this afternoon . It's pretty sweet. I have always wanted one, and it is a good way to start and end my day: push-ups and pull-ups. Speaking of excercise equipment, sometime very soon(as in, weeks) I'm going to get a workout bench. Not one of those ultra-mega-too-many-gadget benches. Just a simple bench that has a leg hook, standard support bench, and an incline. One would really help with my workouts, which shall resume next week :)

I was able to chill by the pool for a few hours today as well. It's nice having one of those nearby...

Jason and I began our road to volleyball dominance today. We basically threw the ball around in the parking lot here. I'd serve to him, he'd bump it back to me, then I'd set it to him, and he'd serve back to me. We did that for about half an hour. My bump and bump-set have improved DRASTICALLY since this summer. My serve still needs work, but we'll practice some more. Jason and I are gonna go to the Friendswood courts(the free ones) middle of this week and work some more. Jason has caught on quickly, and he can handle the ball really well. Another advantage is that he is very tall, so we should be able to do some damage on the courts. I contacted the League City volleyball league guy, and he said that all the spots for this upcoming season have been filled :(. No fear, though. Jason and I plan on practicing more during the weeks, getting the co-ops together to form a co-op league, and playing competitively more often with them. There are GCVA tournaments pretty much every weekend through November, so we will have a chance to see what we can do. Anyone can enter the tourneys, so that's a plus for us. The last few tournaments are actually at the League City sportsplex(the one I have talked about), so that should be fun. Stay tuned...you'll be hearing more about the Horne-Hopper volleyball tandem for sure...

speaking of that, AVP is on the Outdoor Life Network tomorrow...

out of pure frustration, I am not going to talk about the Sox right now. Needless to say, I am not happy...

-H

No comments: