Saturday, August 13, 2005

Ramblings...

So yeah, I've kind of procrastinated the past few days...

Unless you've been living under a really really large rock, you know that Discovery landed safely early this week. This was the most nervous moment for all involved with the shuttle program, but the it went off without a hitch. Hell, besides the shuttle being a falling brick when it enters the atmosphere, they landed it in the dark no less. Truly impressive. Hopefully it wont be too long before the shuttles are flying again. The foam problem is annoying, but I believe we will never truly be able to eliminate all foam loss. I think the focus should be on making sure that the foam doesn't hit the orbiter, not eliminating all foam loss....but that's just me.

Being able to hang out with Trevor this week has been fun. We've gone out and done something every night since Monday. Thursday was really fun; a TON of people were at Michelle's to hang out. There were more than 10 there, so I think that constitutes a "party." At this "party," I commandeered Kendall's straw hat that he wears ALL the time. I liked it so much, I wore it the rest of the night. Using my camera phone, Trevor got a pic of me with the hat on, so if I ever get another usb cable, I'll try to post the pic on here. Kendall says the hats can be purchased at Academy Sports; I may just have to pic one up before I leave next week.

My Sox jersey came in yesterday! It's just like the jersey I received in the mail a few weeks ago, but that one was too large. I downsized to a medium, and it fits like a glove. For those of you who dont know, it's the alternate home jersey the Sox wear during home games on Sunday. It's red, which I think is pretty sharp. Now I can root my Sox on with style.

I have begun a huge musical downloading campaign. It's really weird, as I am not usually a big music guy. I don't know what it is, but I just started wanting all these artists and their cds. I have about 20 artists listed, and each one of them has at least 2 cds in their repertoire. This will take time...

There is another long term goal I have set today as well. I want to own EVERY dvd based off of a comic book movie ever made. I know, it seems impossible, but I think it can be done. Again, this is a long term goal, but hopefully it will be met before summer '06. I already have 33 movies listed :)

Heard some great news on the Family Vacation front today...next summer the family is going to relax in the Isle of Palms off the coast of South Carolina!! Helllllllll yeah! I'm pretty excited, but the only thing that I am cautiously pessimistic about is the fact that I will be working that summer in Houston. Off days will be hard to come by then, but mom says we're shooting for an August date, so everything may work out just perfectly.

well, i'm finished downloading, and the Sox just won. I swear, we are unbeatable at home this year. Five games in the AL east lead, 13 straight wins at Fenway, and we just clinched the season series against the team with the best record in the bigs. HOO-YAH!

-H

No comments: