Sunday, August 07, 2005

Wonka Whipple Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight

I went to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory tonight with my parents. I really didn't have any expectations going into the movie, although I had seen the original before watching this remake. With that being said, I loved this movie. I am a long time fan of Tim Burton; Batman is what originally got me hooked. Then there was Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, and Big Fish, just to name a few. Chocolate Factory was a vintage Tim Burton movie: wacky characters, creative environments, demented humor, and of course, great music, which was done by Danny Elfman. I think whenever Tim Burton is involved with a movie, Danny should do the music. It's analagous to Spielberg and John Williams, for they ALWAYS work in tandem.

I saw some interesting things before the movie...

-a poster for X-Men 3, which gave a solid date for the relase: 5/26/06...SWEET!
-a poster for Saw II...should they really make a sequel to this?!? Not sure, but I loved the first, so chances are I'll see the second...
-a trailer for King Kong again...words cannot describe the breathtaking experience that movie is sure to provide

so yeh, I'm at The Center now...haha, that makes me sound like I'm in the local asylum. I don't have much planned for the next few weeks, other than doing more of what I did in Paris(which was very close to nothing, if you are just joining this blog). The dogs are great, the cat is braver, and the weather is still hot...ahh, good times.

I am not really looking forward to the long, winding drive to Houston on the 19th, but I do have something to look forward to in that trip. Before I left Paris, Mal made me a cd just for my Canton-to-Houston trip. It's an mp3 cd, so it has 3.2 gajillion songs on it. I promised I'd wait and hear the songs for the first time on that drive, so the trip will have an upside to it. The cd has what is quite possibly every genre of music on it...no, i haven't looked at the tracks; the titles of each folder are on the cd.

well, it's almost time for the late late edition of Baseball Tonight...not that I'm looking forward to watching how the Red Sox lost the game because of a throwing error...

g'night
-H

No comments: