Monday, November 07, 2005

#32......#33

Tonight was supposed to have been spent studying hard in my apartment. As it turns out, my kryptonite was exposed.

The guys have long made fun of the fact that I can't say NO to anything they ask me to join. For example, if they ask for me to come over and watch the game, there's a 99% chance I will. We have kept up with the score, and the running total of consecutive times I have "not said NO" with the guys is up to 31. Today was 32. My streak is alive.

Jason and I, riding in the same car to conserve fuel, were on our way back from work. We stoppped at the first light at the corner of Space Center and Nasa Rd. 1. I am in the driver's seat, and who pulls up beside us? None other than Colin. He rolls down the window and invites me to come to Boondoggles, knowing good and well I couldn't say NO. The ISS flight control team supported another sucessful EVA today, and they were celebrating at the ole' bar that is Boondoggles. I figured I should attend and hang out with Colin and Eric for #32 in a row.

I planned on just staying for a short while and enjoying the free drinks and appetizers(the tab was picked up by the big N). Of course, Colin and Eric invited me to Buffalo Wild Wings for the Monday Night Football game. Again, I could not refuse. Number 33.

Oh yeh, the New England Revolution advanced to the MLS Cup Championship game on Sunday where they will meet the L.A. Galaxy. Notable players that I will see play are Taylor Twellman, Cobi Jones, and Landon Donovan. Due to the Revolution being at the game, Colin and I plan to wear our Red Sox jerseys, so the crowd will for whome we are cheering. Also, we all agreed tonight that since this is a 1)soccer game, a 2)championship game, and 3) Eric's first professional soccer game, we want to prepare for the occasion. We plan to paint our face, paint our chests, paint both, or wear some goofy hairpieces. Either way, we are almost guaranteed to get on tv. That time will be 2:30 pm CT on Sunday. I'll make sure to let you people know what we'll be looking like before then.

Altogether, I ate a complete mini pizza at Boondoggles. At BWWs, I consumed an entire 1/3 pound burger, a basket of potato wedges, 4 medium spicy chicken tenders, 5 beverages, and a deep-dish apple pie a la mode during the course of 3 quarters. Nevertheless, I am stuffed from those delicious foods, and with that being said, I am heading to bed. No studying tonight. That's why it's brilliant that I get to charge time towards studying AT work. Brilliant.

G'night.

-H

No comments: