Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Cup of Life

Last weekend was fun. I went to Dallas with Colin and Eric to see the MLS Cup game between the L.A. Galaxy and New England Revolution.

I went to the Houston Walk to D'Feet ALS event this Saturday morning in the Woodlands, which is just north of Houston. It was a great time. I met some great people throughout the morning.

I got home from the walk around 1pm, and we left for Dallas after we scarfed down some Freebirds burritos. Eric and I share a common love: Top Gun. We watched it on the way up, quoting almost the entire movie from start to finish.

Our mobile setup. That white thing is a speaker. "We're going ballistic, Mav. Go get 'em!!"

Eric, so touched my the movie, decided to grace us with his playing of the Top Gun Anthem.


We got to Dallas right around dinner time. We met Jessica and Mark(high school friends of Eric's) at their place, and we chilled there for a little while(3B). They had the most adorable dogs ever(next to mine, of course).

Wiley, the Corgi.

Such a sweet dog. How could you NOT like that face?



We planned to go eat at the Fox & Hound, but due to my pre-21 status, we had to turn away. That was a sucky feeling, but i'm 20.43 years old now, so not much longer. We ate dinner at Two Rows instead(2B); it's the same chain of restaurants that Trey and I go to before hockey games. GREAT food. We then returned to the house for some football watching and domino playing(I tended to just play with the dogs)(3B).

Bailey, the Collie. Another gorgeous dog. She makes me want a Collie.
Again, if you can say no to that, then you are cruel, haha.


We then went to the bar we visited last time I was in Dallas: Elbow room. Great hangout. Nice band there too(1L, 1B). Next, we headed to Cosmo's Bar(3M); it's a very 80's style retro hangout. They had the best Dr. Pepper I have ever had. It was divine. I wanted to steal a bottle of it. Wow, it was the tastiest soft drink I have ever consumed. Cheers to Cosmo's! After Cosmo's, we ventured down the street to the Liquid Lounge(1B). Not a very awesome place, but they had college football on, so I was good. Finally, we headed downtown to this obscure little bar; I dont know what it was called or what part of town it was in, but it was quaint. They were about to close, so not much happened there. Our last stop was Humon's house; Humon was another old friend of Eric's. His birthday was that night, so we thought we'd come by to celebrate some. I didn't know many people there, so I just played with their cat. Colin took a very candid picture of me with the cat rolling over on the chair beside me. When I get it, I will post it for sure.

Sunday was fun times indeed. We drove up to Frisco to Pizza Hut Park to see the soccer game. It went to overtime, so we definitely got our money's worth. The game was full of great saves, great passes, and a great goal. It was great...haha. The Galaxy won 1-0 in overtime.

note: i didn't have my memory card in my camera, so most of my shots in my camera were of the animals. When Colin gets me the pics, I will post them.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell. This next weekend will be pretty tame for me. Then I get to go home next Tuesday!! Woo hoo.

-H

No comments: