Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dinner Parte

So last night was lots of fun...

A few weeks ago I was invited to a dinner party being hosted by Eric and Jennifer; of course I accepted the invite. I was slightly worried about it, as I knew from the rsvp's that I was going to be the 9th wheel at the event; nevertheless, I figured it would be fun.

I called Carolyn several hours before I went to the party, and I asked her about some nice choices of wine; I knew it was customary to bring a bottle to a dinner party, but I didn't know the right kind. Carolyn, having a more extensive wine knowledge(at least for now, haha) than I, suggested a few different varieties. Following my sister's guidance, I ended up bringing a 2002 bottle of Ruffino Chianti. Being an Italian wine, I was fortunate that the meal Jennifer was cooking was Italian chicken! Better yet, out of the 11 bottles at the party, MINE was emptied before any other bottle. Evidently, my sister DOES know her wine...

The dinner, like I said, was Italian chicken with this fantastic homemade sauce on top. In addition, we had pasta noodles(with sauce as well) and asparagus.

The party was great. Conversations included the usual range of everything from work to sports to personal goings-on with each person. Being a sports fan just like I am, Eric had his office set up with two televisions displaying the Miami/V.Tech game and the A&M game. This way, we could drop in every few minutes to check out the scores without the actual games being a nuisance.

Things really ramped up when we busted out Cranium:Turbo Edition. This game is absolutely BRILLIANT. It is an enhancement of the original game, which was already great. Suffice to say, the next 3 hours were well spent. One of the highlights of the game was my humming of "You're the Once that I Want" from Grease. The other was my correctly guessing "Paul Newman" from the clues(wthin mere seconds after they were read) "Yale," "Woodward," and "Fast Eddie." I give props to my Dad for that one; he introduced the movie "The Hustler" to me when I was in my pool phase back in middle school.(Ok, I'm technically still in that phase, but you get the idea). Paul Newman played Fast Eddie Felson in the movie.

Dessert was enjoyed midway through the game. We had an assortment of Godiva chocolates plus an excellent choice of Port wine.

All in all, it was a really fun evening. I walked away from the evening learning more about being a good host, should that oppurtunity ever present itself.

Oh yeh, I almost forgot. Please, please, please go HERE and download THIS song. It is a parody/remake of Sir Mix-a-Lot's Baby Got Back. Richard, you should appreciate this, being the 80's DJ you were. Everyone else, if you have heard the original song, then I urge you to download this right now. It is one of the funniest, if not THE funniest parodies ever created. I laugh hysterically every time I hear it.

Back to the books...

-H

1 comment:

Kritika said...

We also provide Business CRM Software

and CRM software in gurgaon. If you are interested, then please contact us for detailed information