Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Boyz(some of them) Are Back in Town

Evening.

I got a call Thursday night from my friend Aaron at State; he told me that he and Reggie were gonna head up here Friday night. I knew that they were planning on coming, but this was the FIRST time I had heard concrete details. So that was kinda sudden; nevertheless, I was excited that something spontaneous was going down. I like it when stuff just happens on the fly.

So Regg and Aaron got here late last night, around midnight. We were all up till 4:00 am playing games and just chillin. Before they got here, Jason had invited some co-workers of ours over for dinner and a movie. Jason was cooking his famous spaghetti, and there was no I'd miss that. The two guys that came over, Berkeley and Bart, were actually....kinda......cool. They were quick, and I liked their sense of humor. I have NEVER met them before, so I'm excited that some fellow co-ops are kinda cool. Better yet, they live here at Seatree, so I'm sure we'll hang out in the future. In fact, Bart goes to THE University. If you have to ask what THE University is, you obviously don't know much about where I am from. There is only one place that my family and I refer to as THE University. Just think about it. Anyway, that scored major points with me that Bart goes there; he's in aerospace too, so that's cool. Berkeley is a Computer Science major at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. Maybe he can be my contact WHEN I fly to FL to see a shuttle launch this fall. Cape Canaveral is not far from Orlando at all.....it's good to know people :)

Back to my boyz from state. We all slept in, and we went to eat at IHOP this mornin. I had my usual Rooty Tooty Fresh 'n Fruity. Man, that never gets old eating that....and saying that to the waitress too, haha. We chilled for the rest of the day, and Reggie tried his hardest to beat this level in Devil May Cry 3. He got his ass handed to him several times, but that boy never gives up. He finally beat the level after 4 hours of trying. Tonight we went to see Hostage with Bruce Willis. Not a bad movie. It's very intense, and very graphic. NOT a date movie, haha.


We saw this sign today, and I thought I'd share it with you. I'm sure you'll figure it out. It's kinda funny. Oh yeh, I just learned how to put this picture WITHIN my post. I learned EVERYTHING about it from Mallory. I'd be SO lost on so many technical things if she wasn't around. She's so smart sometimes, it's ridiculous.


Know what song I'm listening to right now? It's "We Like to Party" by The Vengaboys. Just download it and you will instantly recognize it. It's kinda a dance song. You have most likely heard it on the Six Flags commercials. THAT'S why I am listening to it. NASA just announced this Six Flags Day for ONLY NASA/JSC employees. YUP :) That means only JSC people are gonna be there...NO ONE else. That means SHORT lines to the coasters. I'm gonna sign up next week, and the actual day of the event is next month. They are gonna have food there, astronaut signings, and all kinds of cool stuff. Again, the great part is there will be NO other people outside of NASA. Mwahaha...my roller coasting lifestyle will once again return. I'm gonna try to get the guys together to go to Six Flags Atlanta this summer. This fall? I'm gonna try to go to Six Flags Over Texas in Dallas. Yeh, that's right. Roller coasting is back. I'm gonna try to see if Trevor can accompany on any of these occassions. He's my partner in crime when it comes to roller coasters.

Well I promised Mal that I would get her a good pic of the NASA skyline here at JSC. The only way I figured I could do that would be to go to the Hilton across the street, talk to their people, and go up to a room with a balcony and take a picture. Well, I went by today, and the front desk ladies couldn't help me. They called their manager. Yikes. Never fear, though, my people skillz took over and I schmoozed the guy into taking me upstairs to the rooms. He wasn't sure if any would be available that had balconies, but we checked. No luck :( . He did give me his card and number, however. Chris(his name) told me to give him a call around lunch time on Monday. He said there will definitely be a balcony available then. So I'll take off work for a few minutes on Monday to run across the street and take the pic. I talked with Chris while we were walking through the hotel, and we discussed everything from NASA to football to Houston's weather. This guy was very nice and seemed willing to do anything so I could get this picture. Again, this is good to network and get to know people. He may be able to help me out in the future, who knows. Always good to make friends :)

What does tomorrow hold? I dunno what we're gonna do. I have no earthly idea. Prolly play video games, who knows. I just beat Resident Evil 4 for the second time, and I got all the trophies, so I think I've pretty much conquered that game(except for Mercenary mode, which I'll still work on). So this means that I must make my next video game purchase: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Sweet. I have been wanting this game for a long time. Everyone says this game is fantastic, so I'm eager to get my hands on it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the only way you figured you could get a picture was to go to the top of the Hilton. What a marvelous idea... I wish I had thought of it...

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Horne! It appears you and Mal had a great time; we truly enjouyed having her through here a couple of times.....can't wait to see you.