Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Brrr

well I am back after a day off...and what a day it was.

The co-ops were fortunate enough to get to attend a lecture given by Christ Kraft, NASA Johnson's(although not always called that) first flight director. He was there all during the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions, as well as during part of the lifetime of the shuttle. I had a wonderful time listening to him: he was very casual, spoke like a 30 year old(even though he is 81!), walked around, talked to individuals, and was very outspoken. He challenged us with many questions about where NASA is headed, and what we think about it. I could go on for hours about all the stuff we talked about, but know that I have begun to think about things here at NASA much differently since the lecture. Very entertaining time.

Speaking of flight directors, tomorrow night the co-ops are organizing for us to watch Apollo 13 in the Historic Mission Control Room(you know, where all the old school stuff happened). I'm very pumped about that. I think that'll be loads of fun. I went to wal mart today and got me one of those fold up tailgating chairs, which are very cheap now. So I am set for tomorrow. Rumor is that we are supposed to have "special guests" appear at the showing....very mysterious.

I also learned today that the Six Flags NASA day is NOT just for NASA folks...that sucks. Yeh, it won't be deep into the season by next month, but I still bet there will be TONS of people there, in addition to the NASA folk, so I dunno. I'm leaning towards not going.

Well it seems I was smacked with the cold bug yesterday. I'm stopped up(nasal, not the other kind), groggy, and have chills/fevers. So I'm here, sitting at my computer, all bundled up, and drinking some good ole' hot Thera-Flu. Hopefully I'll be able to kick this thing before the weekend.

Colin came back yesterday. If you don't know, Colin is an ODIN that is a HUGE Red Sox fan. He went to Aruba for a week. First off, that makes me wonder: Colin just went to Aruba for a week. My office partner, Pamela, just got back from a few weeks in Hawaii. I thought federal jobs didn't pay too well....hmmmm....Anyway, back to Colin and the Sox. He told me about one month ago that he was planning on going to see the 3 games-in-3-days series against the Rangers at the end of April. He knew of my love for the Sox, so he mentioned it to me; and if you know me at all, I said yes in a heartbeat. He got the tickets on Tuesday :). So I'm all set. Colin, his girlfriend, his friend, his friend's girlfriend, this girl they call "Moose" from the ADCO group, and I are going to the games. I get to see THREE Red Sox games in THREE days. I'm willing to be that Will Horne has never done that. Mwa hahaha. Seriously, though. I am SO excited about going. Our seats are like 25 feet from the Sox dugout, so we're gonna be around lots o' Sox fans. We are gonna get there early for batting practice on Saturday's game, so maybe I'll get to hang with Damon, Ortiz, Millar, and my boy Varitek. Maybe score their autographs :)

Well when I arrived at my apartment after work today, I smelled the worst odor when I walked in. I have yet to narrow it down, but thankfully I closed my door this morning before I left, so there is no odor in here. I'll see what Jason thinks when he gets back. I took out the trash, and it still kinda stinks. We better find the source soon, or I'm never coming out of the room.

I'm off to a 4 hour marathon of Prime 2. Latre.

No comments: