Monday, March 14, 2005

Things Are Gonna Be Different

Today was quite eventful...

First off, Regg and Aaron left to return to their native lands of Grenada and Birmingham, respectively. I hate that they had to leave so soon, but I am very thankful that I can finally get some rest. I am bummin' this entire week...I've been going full throttle for the past two weeks, so I'm ready to just chill.

Chris, the manager at the Hilton here didn't answer my call, so I assume he was just busy. The thing is, this day was PERFECT for the picture. We're talkin NO clouds, 70 degrees, light wind...oh man, it was perfect. I really want that picture though...it's like a quest for me now.


Here's just how beautiful it was here today. This is what I see right as I walk out of our apartment. This view is even looking TOWARDS the oil refineries and smoggy downtown! I have to document these days before we can't see 20 feet above our heads.

I got to help Zorba(one of my mentors) with an ORT(orbital readiness test) today in Mission Control. I'm technically not supposed be doing those, since I'm not command certified, but I just kinda helped him go down the checklist of things to do. It was cool though; I learned more about the interfaces between the PCS(personal computer system) and the ground computers. Anyhow, as Zorba and I are leaving Mission Control, we pass by none other than John Young. Who is John Young, you ask? He was the commander of the Apollo 16 mission, and he is one of the only handful of people to ever walk on the moon. Needless to say, that was very cool...that I was THIS close to a guy that jumped on the moon.

Ah, and I started Metroid Prime 2 today....omg....it's awesome. That's all I can say. I skipped school to go to Clarksville to get Metroid Prime my senior year of high school, so you know what kind of place this series holds in my heart. It's flawless so far....I'm doing my blog early so I can play it :)

Okay, here's the big news: after years of pain and agony from listening to the radio, I have decided to buy a cd player for my car. ***ROUNDS OF APPLAUSE*** Ladies and gentlemen, calm down. I know it's hard to believe, but yes, it's true. I'm going this Saturday to Best Buy to pick out my cd player and get them to install it. NO MORE radio for me EVER! Mwa haha. Woo hoo, I'm excited.

Finally, Macresia(my group lead) came by my office today and told me that I need to present to the group next Friday all the stuff I've been workin on the past few months. Not a big deal, really. I don't mind getting in front of people and talking; in fact, I thrive in it. I mean, com'on, I did magic shows all around town during my 5th, 6th, and 7th grades of school. I love gettin up front and having everyone look at ME, haha. No, I'm not that conceited, but I do like to perform.

Well I'm gonna tackle some more Space Pirates in Prime 2. Everyone have a good night!

No comments: